Reporting to the CFOO, Community Partners seeks a Senior Director, Public Sector Financial Compliance, who will be responsible for compliance on all public sector funds. This individual will oversee the entire life cycle of public funding and will work with fiscally sponsored projects to assist with management of public sector grants.
- Responsible for compliance on all public sector funds
- Lead all aspects of public sector funding life cycle: application, negotiation, management, reporting and close out
- Monitor sub-recipient compliance
- Work with fiscally sponsored projects to prepare and help them manage public sector grants
- Oversee intermediary finance staff
- Work with external auditor to prepare and manage single audit.
- Manage other federal audits
- Design and maintain internal controls for public sector funds including workflows for approving reconciling invoices
- Stay current on all GAAP and public sector regulations
- Train all relevant staff on key compliance regulations
- Experience in the nonprofit sector with public sector grant management.
- Experience with managing single audit (A-133).
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills as well as an acute ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with AccuFund or other accounting software.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment and collaborate with program staff and others across the organization required.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality required.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business-related field, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree.
- Must possess a minimum of ten years of work experience in accounting or finance.
Position range $105,000 – $140,000 DOE
Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and a range of professional development opportunities. Community Partners has a 9/80 work week option under which employees may elect to work 80 hours in 9 days and take every other Friday off (after completion of introductory period).
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume.
Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.