- Process owner for a portfolio of general ledger accounts. Accrues, defers, reconciles, and analyzes transactions for these accounts. Preparation of supporting work papers for accounting entries.
- Ensures timely and accurate monthly close as part of an accounting team. Reviews reconciliations prepared by other accounting staff as part of monthly close peer-review process.
- Helps prepare financial statements. Analyzes financial statements trends and variance to identify missing or incorrect accounting entries and ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Researches accounting standards and practices. Forms and communicates an opinion on proper accounting treatment of a transaction.
- Assists with fulfilling audit requests.
- Works with Senior Accounting Manager and Controller to identify, reconcile, and resolve accounting inaccuracies.
- Assists Finance and Grants Liaisons to understand accounting transactions. Makes accruals, deferrals, and reclasses as appropriate to present financials fairly and compliant with funder requirements.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP and applicable government regulations.
- Maintains accurate accounting records and prepares reports to upper management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of GAAP and non-profit revenue recognition rules.
- At least 2-years of experience in an accounting or finance role, including month-end close experience.
- Ability to work accurately and independently.
- Experience with accounting software such as AccuFund or NetSuite and advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- An eye for detail along with excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
Salary $80,000 D.O.E
Benefits include 15 paid holidays and 10 vacation days per year during first two years of employment and increases based on years of service thereafter, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and a range of professional development opportunities. Community Partners has a 9/80 work week option under which employees may elect to work 80 hours in 9 days and take every other Friday off (after completion of introductory period).
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume.
Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.