Dear Community Leaders,
From Culver City to Carson, Lynwood to Ladera Heights, leaders of nonprofit organizations serving residents of the 2nd Supervisorial District of Los Angeles are invited to apply for a series of free leadership workshops. The deadline to apply is Friday, May 11, 2018.
With a goal of helping small to mid-size organizations achieve greater organizational sustainability, programmatic effectiveness, and financial strength, the eight monthly training and coaching sessions will ultimately help participating groups strengthen and expand their capacity to serve their constituents.
Key issues to be addressed include fundraising, board effectiveness, civic engagement and financial accountability. In addition to a robust curriculum and intensive learning sessions, participants will be connected to a network of local experts and provided with tools, mentorship and an ongoing opportunity to share best practices and innovative strategies.
Program components will include:
- Monthly training workshops facilitated by field experts
- Peer learning opportunities
- Executive coaching
- Site visits to community organizations
- Guidance on completion of a program project
The Second District Capacity Building and Leadership Development Program is supported by a collaborative partnership between Los Angeles County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, the California Community Foundation, Empowerment Congress, and Community Partners.
Qualified nonprofit organizations will:
- Be currently located and/or serve clients in the 2nd Supervisorial District (Refer to map)
- Have nonprofit 501(c)(3) status
- Operate an agency with a budget of less than $1 million
- Submit their application with supporting documentation by the deadline
- Demonstrate readiness and commitment to participate in the program
- Commit one representative to attend all training and workshop sessions (held every second Thursday of the month from 9a.m. to 3p.m.)
- Staff size and age of organization may be considered as indicators of organizational capacity to participate fully in the program
Ready to apply? Click here.
For further information, please contact us at 213.346.3200 or 2ndDistrictSTRONG@CommunityPartners.org