IT Specialist Monday, November 13, 2017
Community Partners seeks a full time IT Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, this position will be responsible for the maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk. The IT Specialist will support the maintenance of the organization’s PCs, printers, servers, and A/V equipment for approximately 50 on-site staff. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, upgrades, configurations and routine PC maintenance. In addition, this position will be responsible for managing online platforms used by on-site staff and our 150 remotely-located projects.
- Provide Helpdesk support and resolve problems to the satisfaction of the end user
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstations
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment and programs
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required and provide support during roll-out
- Assist with the implementation, training, and documentation of online, project-facing services and platforms
- Coordinate between the organization and external contractors regarding IT-related infrastructure and development
- Provide technical and troubleshooting support for A/V equipment in conference rooms
- Work in conjunction with the Program Evaluator to understand and document the client user experience on a technical level
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve project satisfaction
- Update IT infrastructure documentation
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Salesforce
- Consult with senior staff on any issues that might come up and advise about potential fixes or efficiency controls
- Manage various projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required
- Minimum of two years of experience in the field
- Microsoft Windows Server, MS Office Application Suite, MAC support, various desktop application support, networking, backup and recovery, and desktop security skills
- A customer service approach to working with off-site staff and colleagues
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical staff
- The ability to work with diverse groups and in a collaborative team environment
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Attention to detail, with the ability to plan well ahead of routine deadlines and anticipate IT support needs
- Demonstrable analytical, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to identify issues, obstacles, and opportunities and then develop and implement effective solutions
- Proven track record of maintaining IT structural integrity
- Industry certifications a plus
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, Metro pass, and a range of professional development opportunities. Community Partners has a 9/80 workweek option under which employees may elect to work 80 hours in 9 days and take every other Friday off.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume as a single PDF attachment to: Jobs@CommunityPartners.org. Please include “IT Specialist” and your name in the subject line of your email.
Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
View the full job announcement here.